Biyun Rd 1146, Tower A, 3rd Floor, near Huangyang Road 浦东新区金桥碧云路1146号A座3层(近黄杨路）
Min/ Max : 3/10
15 sessions on each Monday 16:45-17:45
Group Course can not be refund due to student personal reasons, but CISCA provide 2 remedial classes each semester.
This is the first of the Level RAD Graded Examinations syllabi. Students can be entered for a Class Award, Examination or Solo Performance Award. The syllabus encourages the development of secure technique, relevant for the ballet world of today. Concentrating on the skills that are needed for secure technique, which are: core stability, weight placement, turnout and line. Also developing students’ artistry through the use of a wide range of recorded music. Developing their understanding of ballet, promoting joy in movement, creative interpretation and performance.
Students will learn and be assessed on the following areas:
· Correct posture and weight placement
· Spatial awareness
· Dynamic Values
· Correct timing and response to the style of the music
· Show expression and communication with their audience
These skills will be shown through demonstrating a variety of set exercises, progressing in difficulty and complexity. Entry at this level is dependent on students’ previous training and experience, but is generally suited for children between the ages of seven and eight years.
Tuition, Attendance and Make-up Class Policy
CISCA expects students to attend all classes they are signed up for.
· Payment is expected to be made in full before a student starts the classes – in the case where this is not possible any outstanding fees must be settled before a student attends a new class.
· No extensions or transfers are allowed, nor credits or refunds are given.
· New students are entitled to attend the first 15 minutes of class as a trial free of charge – if a child wishes to attend a full class the normal class fee is required.
· Students should not attend class in the event of illness. Students with prolonged absences due to illness or injury must bring a doctor’s note upon returning to class stating student has recovered medically and is physically healthy enough to return to class.
· During preparation for performances or examination some regularly scheduled class time may be used for rehearsal.
· A student should inform the school of his/her absence 24 hours prior to class, by leaving note or calling the office and leaving a message for the correct teacher.
· Make-up classes must be pre-arranged within the same calendar month. A make-up class may be scheduled in advance of the excused absence. Classes missed the last week of a month should be made up within the first week of the next calendar month when a student returns to class.
· In the case where missed classes not made up they will be lost classes and tuition will not be refunded.
· All classes will be cancelled due to inclement weather conditions, including heavy rainstorm or snowstorm, government warnings, terrorist threats or natural disaster. No make-up class will be arranged and tuition is non-refundable.
Lorian Kurzweil is a recent graduate of the BA (Hons) Ballet Education course at the Royal Academy of Dance, London. Specialising in Performance in her third and final year, she has choreographed for and performed at many events, including the national Move It Dance Festival 2016. She has also achieved the Licentiate of the Royal Academy of...