Taobao in China is similar to Amazon in the USA, but is more inexpensive and has millions of items. The literal meaning of “Taobao” in Chinese is “Digging for Treasure.” This class teaches students how to translate Taobao to English, sign up for an account, search and pay for items, negotiate for services, and make returns.
Taobao for Expats
Wednesday, Jan 18, 9 am - 11 am
Fee: 300 RMB
Taobao weekend and troubleshooting classes can be arranged upon request at the center or at the student`s residence.
* Please call 64063866 to complete registration. Classes must be paid for at least three days before class time.*
*Please refer to the following list to prepare before the class starts.
1. Your laptop (no ipads) with wifi enabled
2. Access to your email account
3. An electronic version of your address in Chinese saved in your computer. If you don't have it, please bring your name card.
4. Your mobile phone with a Chinese SIM card is needed for setting up your Taobao account.
5. A soft copyof your passport saved in your computer (only the biography page and valid Chinese visa page).
6. Some cash to the class (at least 102RMB) for Alipay recharge.
7. Things you like to buy (less than 100RMB) It's very tight to finish all the tasks during 2 hours’ session. So we can't spend lots of time on searching for things to buy.