Save the Date for Shanghai 123 2017 – 2018 Orientations
Community Center Shanghai cordially invites you, your family and friends newly arrived in Shanghai to our orientation event Shanghai 123 – An Essential Orientation for you and your family.
About Shanghai 123 Shanghai 123 is a free, half-day, and in-depth orientation that gives new arrivals the resources to navigate their first year in Shanghai and beyond. Each year, hundreds attend Shanghai 123 and leave with an essential foundation on living life in this dynamic city.
Topics Community Center Shanghai brings in knowledgeable speakers and experts to address topics important to you.
· Adjusting to your new environment, culture shock · Water and air concerns · How to navigate the medical system · Food safety · Workplace challenges and work-life balance · Resources, opportunities, supporting spouse topics · Ayis and drivers · Mobile phones and the Internet · Fun in Shanghai
2017 – 2018 Orientations
*Dates subject to change at Community Center Shanghai’s discretion.
Become a sponsor Limited sponsorships are available on a first-come, first-served basis. For inquiries regarding Shanghai 123 sponsorship, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 3382 1770 ext 223
Summer Break for the Newsletter
Starting next week, a kind reminder that the Newsletter is going on summer holiday! Our Newsletter will return to your inbox July 28, 2017. Meantime, summer camps will soon start coming and spots are still available in our summer camp sessions. Keep kids’ minds and body active this summer! Click here for details.
Stay up to date with the latest from Community Center Shanghai by following us on WeChat.
Taobao for Expats - The Essential Guide for Online Shopping in China
Taobao in China is similar to Amazon in the USA, but more inexpensive and has millions of items. The literal meaning of “Taobao” in Chinese is “Digging for Treasure.” This class will teach students how to translate Taobao into English, sign up for an account, search and pay for items, negotiate for services, and make returns.
Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 Time: 09:30 am - 12:00 pm Fee: 300 RMB Register here.
NEW! Full and Half Day Summer Camp for 5 - 8 years old and 9 - 12 years old
Your kids will have an active and creative camp this Summer! Morning activities will keep your child physically active and afternoon activities will unleash your child’s creative mind. You can choose from half or full day camp to suit your needs for 2 different age groups – 5 - 8 years and 9 - 12 years. We offer 5 sessions.
Camp Schedule: Session 1: June 26 – 30, 2017 Session 2: July 3 – 7, 2017 Session 3: July 10 – 14, 2017 Session 4: July 17 – 21, 2017 Session 5: July 24 – 28, 2017
Camp Fee: Full day: 3000 RMB/child/week Half day: 1800 RMB/child/week
Group Discount (2 or more children): Full-day: 200 RMB off/child Half-day: 100 RMB off/child
* Register at least 5 days before any class and tours. * A minimum of 5 persons is required to proceed with a tour. * A private tour of 5 persons or more can be arranged. * A private or separate program can be arranged for a group of 3 persons or more. * Please call Hongqiao Center at 6406-4276 or email: email@example.com to register or find out more information.
Popular Chinese Dishes
Tantalize your taste buds as our instructor shows you how to prepare main dishes from different regions of China. Each class will end with a feast!
Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 Time: 10:00 am – 12:30 pm Fee: RMB 300 Register Here
Great for parties! This class will teach you how to make the wrapper and two different fillings for this delicious dim sum appetizer。
Date: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 Time: 10:00 am-12:30 pm Regular Fee: RMB 300 Register: Here
Top 3 Reasons for Kids to Attend a Community Center Summer Camp!
1) Choice! Choice! Choice! Community Center Shanghai is your one-stop shop for camps. This year we have FIVE exciting camps to choose from to keep your kids busy for the entire summer. Sports, science, and academics—we’ve got it all covered! Most camps are located at or near one of our three centers in Pudong, Hongqiao, and Minhang.
2) Experience - Lots of It! Community Center has over seven years of experience running camps for students of all ages. We partner with other well-known organizations to bring you high quality camps with excellent and experienced staff and teachers.
3) Information - Loads of it! Community Center wants you to make an informed choice. That’s why we host information sessions so you can learn more about each camp directly from camp representatives.
Aerospace Robotics Camp Campers will use teamwork and collaboration skills to set up Earth’s first Mars colony! This is STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) all rolled into one camp with rocket building and robots!
Explorer’s English Camp An epic tour through the English language and culture with dynamic reading, writing, grammar, social studies classes, and field trips. Give your kids a solid head start in English.
SUPKids Summer Camp - Stand Up Paddle Boarding 5-star inclusive boarding camp at Crown Plaza Dishui Lake that teaches campers vital water safety skills and paddle boarding! This is an exciting, unique camp that kids will love.
Socratic Reading & Writing Group Team Education Consulting hosts this intensive reading and writing group for high schoolers to hone their critical reading and writing skills that are essential for college. This excellent course gives a glimpse into the western high school setting. Set up your student for a successful year in the fall and beyond.
AKS/CCS Sports Camp (Active Kidz Shanghai & Community Center Shanghai) AKS teams up with Community Center to bring you baseball, basketball, and soccer in the mornings and essential life skills classes and activities in the afternoon.
Click HERE for more information about Summer Camps!
Or scan the QR code for live help during business hours!
This Saturday, come and join us for a fun day at NAIS Pudong Sports Field. If you are participating, don't forget to stop by Community Center Shanghai's table to say "hello" at this fun event. The entrance fee per child is 100 RMB.